“I am beginning to understand”, said the little prince .There is a flower……I think that she has tamed me…’…..
It is possible said the fox. “On the earth one sees all sorts of things”….
We also meet all kinds of people on this earth. I felt a little strange reading this book; the reading session coming after the
I closed the book and turned on my side.
How could a flower possibly tame a prince? Maybe the flower was big, or perhaps the prince was little and small.
I joined my new office last May, hoping that this job will turn out to be better than my previous adventures. Being an architect, has its own set of complications. Walking into office, you don’t really know if you’re good enough to be there .And then the issue of getting adjusted to a whole new design philosophy and company policy.
Anyway I was just happy to get there and there was a reason. Just two days earlier, I had seen this girl walk across to the pantry as I was waiting at the reception. I had sort of made up my mind then, that it is important for me start working at this place.
Life was beginning to feel good. And I felt good to act like the angry young architect; probably would‘ve put Howard Roark to shame. She smiled. I returned the favor.
Work was good. Some time passed, I was quite assured and happy, never expecting too much but the occasional smile and that side glance.
But you can’t remain angry and good. I tried to look more human. It’s the desire to get more .Thought this one time I could afford to. Still don’t know if that was the right thing to do. Being a gentleman is not quite me but I tried. Sometimes acting human exposes your underbelly. It’s a little soft and a little pot belly is developing now.
Now it was her turn. She was wonderful. Truly;the most wonderful one. Easy for me get near but a little closer and the thorns would come up to protect her. I loved her. I loved her lots.
And I missed her .I loved every little game she played. And every game she played to keep me away. I also cried. Sometimes together we cried. It’s difficult when someone means the world to you and yet her meaning much lesser to other people matters more to that someone. It’s also better not to have bad things to say about her best friends.
I’ve decided now to leave .Very soon. But the other day she cried. I’m human too I’m realizing .Sometimes thinking that you’re a great guy, actually makes you forget how weak and vulnerable you are. You know ,this girl has very nice friends. She probably doesn’t need me. And I’m still aching in my new found mortality.
Art I thought had made me immortal, but art only shows how human we are.
I’ve stepped out but I want to make her smile just once more. And get a side glance.
I still don’t know how a flower could tame a prince.
No comments:
Post a Comment